The best berries are the ones you pick YOURSELF!
Shlagel Farms LLC
THE PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRY SEASON 2023 is now peaking. Do not wait any longer!! Hours are 10-5 daily.
Please read all of the following policies before coming out to the farm.
1.If you're sick...DON'T pick! Please do not come if you have any of the symptoms of Covid even if they seem mild to you.
2. Children must stay with you at all times. We encourage you not to let your children run up and down the roads where they may get close to other pickers. Please keep your children away from the deep ponds and the piles of rocks and out of the farm buildings/barns. These are so enticing to kids, but are dangerous. Please attempt to not walk with your kids in the road but rather in the grassy area next to the patch. Not everyone is a careful driver when backing out.
3. When you are driving in, PLEASE drive slowly and be mindful that there are small children who might dash out into the road. On busy days there will be people in orange vests to help you park. Parking is not allowed in the front yard of the house.
4. We will be putting the picnic tables out again this year but please be kind and use them for only 30 minutes at a time to give others a chance. You may not reserve tables ahead of time.
5. Please pick up all of your own trash, dirty diapers ect. There are trash cans around the parking areas.
6. We will do our best to send you to different rows to help space everyone out. Please assist us with this endeavor.
7. As always we cannot allow your pets to get out of your car with you. The only exception is a highly trained service dog that is trained to perform specific tasks for you.
UP TO THE MINUTE CHANGES will be announced on Facebook and on our telephone message machine.
PLEASE ONLY CALL US IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK. WE ARE EXPERIENCING A VERY HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS AND THIS IS OUR HOME AND NOT AN ANSWERING SERVICE PLEASE BE KIND AND DO NOT CALL AFTER 8 PM or before 6a
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE! WE CANNOT CALL YOU BACK!
Once we open for the season we will only close:
** in the very, very rare condition of too many pickers and not enough ripe berries (typically one day)
**during a thunder storm with dangerous lightening (temporary)
**during unseasonably hot weather where we have to run the sprinklers to cool the plants down (temporary)
When you come to our farm it is with the understanding that there are inherent risks from weather, insects, moving vehicles, uneven ground, wildlife, and allergens that Shlagel Farms cannot prevent you from encountering. Your children are welcome but must stay with you at all times and only in the designated areas. The ponds and buildings, woods, piles of dirt, equipment and vehicles are off limits. Please watch your children closely as there are alot of moving cars in the roadway. Try to walk in the grasssy areas to lower the risk. Please leave your pets at home. We follow strict Food Safety precautions to keep all of our produce as safe as possible. You can help us by washing your hands and all of your produce prior to consuming.
Strawberries are priced by the pound for you to pick and we have containers or you can bring your own.
We also pick berries by the quart or flat for you if you don't want to pick.
During berry season the greenhouses are open and full of beautiful and unique hanging baskets and annual flats.
We also have a milkshake trailer serving huge strawberry shortcakes, milkshakes and cones! The trailer is Open on weekends only.