THE PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRY SEASON OF 2021 WILL OPEN IN LATE APRIL TO EARLY MAY.
Follow facebook daily for picking reports. ONCE WE OPEN FOR THE SEASON WE ARE OPEN EVERY SINGLE DAY FROM 8A-6P UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES TO HELP KEEP EVERYONE SAFE DURING COVID:
1.If you're sick...DON'T pick! Please do not come if you have any of the symptoms of Covid even if they seem mild to you.
2. If you bring your children to pick berries, they MUST stay with you!!. The playground and sand pile are closed for this year. They cannot run around when other customers are close by picking.
3. NO GROUP ACTIVITIES. This includes but is not limited to: Homeschool groups, Mom's groups, Girl scouts, boy scouts, church groups and/ or large groups of friends or families.
4. No loitering this year. There will be no picnic tables. Please do not bring your own blankets and food and anticipate hanging out for an afternoon.
5.Wash your hands before and after picking.
6.Wear a mask when you enter the building. Stay 6 feet away from everyone else.
7. We will do our best to send you to different rows to help space everyone. Please assist us with this endeavor.
8. WE HAVE CHANGED THE LAY OUT OF THE FIELD TO PROMOTE SOCIAL DISTANCING!
9. As always we cannot allow your pets to get out of your car with you. The only exception is a highly trained service dog that is trained to perform specific tasks for you.
10. If we believe there are too many people in the field to be safe we will ask you to wait in your car for a short time until some leave. We need your cooperation with this.
UP TO THE MINUTE CHANGES will be announced on Facebook and on our telephone message machine.
PLEASE ONLY CALL US IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK. WE ARE EXPERIENCING A VERY HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS AND THIS IS OUR HOME AND NOT AN ANSWERING SERVICE PLEASE BE KIND AND DO NOT CALL AFTER 8 PM
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE! WE CANNOT CALL YOU BACK!
Once we open for the season we will only close:
** in the very, very rare condition of too many pickers and not enough ripe berries (typically one day)
**during a thunder storm with dangerous lightening (temporary)
**during unseasonably hot weather where we have to run the sprinklers to cool the plants down (temporary)
When you come to our farm it is with the understanding that there are inherent risks from weather, insects, moving vehicles, uneven ground, wildlife, and allergens that Shlagel Farms cannot prevent you from encountering. Your children are welcome but must stay with you at all times and only in the designated areas. The ponds and buildings, woods, piles of dirt, equipment and vehicles are off limits. Please watch your children closely as there are alot of moving cars in the roadway. Try to walk in the grasssy areas to lower the risk. Please leave your pets at home. We follow strict Food Safety precautions to keep all of our produce as safe as possible. You can help us by washing your hands and all of your produce prior to consuming.
Strawberries are priced by the pound for you to pick and we have containers or you can bring your own.
We also pick berries by the quart or flat for you if you don't want to pick.
During berry season the greenhouses are open and full of beautiful and unique hanging baskets and annual flats.
We also have a milkshake trailer serving huge strawberry shortcakes, milkshakes and cones! Open on weekends only.
Follow us on Facebook for day of opening .
The best berries are the ones you pick YOURSELF!
Shlagel Farms LLC